PART TIME OFFICE
During election years the Board of Elections Office requires additional part-time staff to assist with election preparation, early voting, and logic and accuracy testing. These positions can be for one week to several weeks.
Workers are always needed to work at the precincts on election day. In addition to precinct workers on occasion there is a need for precinct managers. By law, managers and poll workers are required to attend training by the Board of Elections, prior to each election.
In order to be a poll worker, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of United States and a resident of Houston County or adjoining county.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- No person holding public office or Candidate for Office may serve as a poll worker.
- An immediate relative of an elected official cannot serve in an election where the relative is a candidate.
Election Day workers must report by 6:00 a.m. and stay until the Election is completed including required duties at poll location, typically 8:00/8:30 p.m.
If you think you may be interested in seeing first-hand democracy at work, please contact the Board of Elections Office at 478-987-1973 or Sign-up to be at poll work on line.